When it comes to fashion, we often focus on the clothing and accessories that grace the runway. However, fashion weeks around the world also showcase stunning and innovative runway sets that serve as the backdrop for these fashion masterpieces. These runway sets not only enhance the overall aesthetic of the show but also offer a wealth of inspiration for interior design and decor. In this article, we will explore 20+ runway sets from fashion weeks that will give you major decor inspiration.
- 1 1. Chanel’s Airport Terminal
- 2 2. Dior’s Garden of Delights
- 3 3. Dolce & Gabbana’s Italian Village
- 4 4. Gucci’s Surgical Operating Room
- 5 5. Louis Vuitton’s Carousel
- 6 6. Versace’s Greek Ruins
- 7 7. Marc Jacobs’ Pink House
- 8 8. Alexander McQueen’s Savage Beauty
- 9 9. Prada’s Industrial Warehouse
- 10 10. Balenciaga’s Mirror Room
- 11 11. Valentino’s Romantic Garden
- 12 12. Burberry’s Rainforest
- 13 13. Givenchy’s Dark Forest
- 14 14. Stella McCartney’s Sustainable Oasis
- 15 15. Fendi’s Neon Lights
- 16 16. Tommy Hilfiger’s Nautical Paradise
- 17 17. Balmain’s Golden Palace
- 18 18. Ralph Lauren’s Ranch
- 19 19. Moschino’s Paper Dolls
- 20 20. Oscar de la Renta’s Royal Garden
- 21 Conclusion
- 22 FAQs
- 22.1 1.What materials are commonly used in runway sets? Runway sets often incorporate a wide range of materials to create the desired aesthetic. Some commonly used materials include: Wood: Wood is a versatile material that can be used to create various elements of a runway set, such as flooring, walls, and props. Metal: Metal is often used to create structures, frames, and fixtures in runway sets. It can add a modern and industrial touch to the overall design. Fabric: Fabric is used to create backdrops, curtains, and drapes in runway sets. It can add texture, color, and movement to the space. Glass: Glass is often used for windows, partitions, and displays in runway sets. It can create a sense of transparency and openness. Plastic: Plastic is a versatile material that can be molded into various shapes and forms. It is often used to create props and decorative elements in runway sets. Concrete: Concrete is a durable and industrial material that can be used for flooring, walls, and structural elements in runway sets. Natural materials: Natural materials like plants, flowers, and foliage are often incorporated into runway sets to create a natural and organic ambiance. 2. How can I incorporate runway set inspiration into my home decor?
- 22.2 3. Can runway set inspiration work for different interior design styles?
- 22.3 4. How can I create a budget-friendly runway-inspired decor?
- 22.4 5. How can I make my decor unique and personalized?
- 23 Summary
- 24 Related video of 20+ Runway Sets From Fashion Weeks That Will Give You Major Decor Inspo
1. Chanel’s Airport Terminal
Chanel is known for its extravagant runway sets, and one that truly stood out was their airport terminal-themed set. Complete with check-in counters, departure boards, and a runway that resembled an airport tarmac, this set brought the world of travel to life. It showcased the perfect blend of modern design and functionality, making it a great source of inspiration for those looking to create a chic and trendy home office or study.
2. Dior’s Garden of Delights
Dior’s runway set transformed the space into a lush and enchanting garden. With an abundance of flowers, trees, and greenery, it created a magical atmosphere that transported the audience to a whimsical world. This set serves as a reminder that incorporating plants and natural elements into your decor can instantly elevate the ambiance of any space.
3. Dolce & Gabbana’s Italian Village
Dolce & Gabbana’s runway set recreated an Italian village, complete with cobblestone streets, colorful facades, and even a traditional Italian fountain. The set exuded a sense of warmth and nostalgia, showcasing the beauty of Italian architecture and culture. Incorporating elements of Italian design, such as bold colors and intricate patterns, can add a touch of Mediterranean charm to your home.
4. Gucci’s Surgical Operating Room
Gucci’s runway set took a unique and unexpected turn by transforming the space into a surgical operating room. With green-tiled walls, surgical lights, and operating tables, it created a surreal and thought-provoking atmosphere. While this may not be the most conventional decor inspiration, it highlights the power of pushing boundaries and thinking outside the box when it comes to design.
5. Louis Vuitton’s Carousel
Louis Vuitton’s runway set featured a stunning carousel that added a touch of whimsy and nostalgia to the show. The carefully crafted details of the carousel, from the intricately painted horses to the ornate decorations, demonstrated the importance of paying attention to small details in design. Incorporating elements of vintage and retro design can create a sense of timelessness in your decor.
6. Versace’s Greek Ruins
Versace’s runway set transported the audience to ancient Greek ruins, with towering columns, marble statues, and a grand staircase. This set showcased the beauty and elegance of classical architecture, reminding us of the timeless appeal of Greek design. Incorporating elements of Greek-inspired decor, such as bold geometric patterns and architectural details, can add a touch of sophistication to your home.
7. Marc Jacobs’ Pink House
Marc Jacobs’ runway set featured a pink house with a white picket fence, evoking a sense of nostalgia and suburban charm. The whimsical and playful design of the house, complete with colorful flowers and a swing set, showcased the importance of injecting personality and individuality into your decor. Don’t be afraid to embrace bold colors and unique design elements that reflect your personal style.
8. Alexander McQueen’s Savage Beauty
Alexander McQueen’s runway set for the “Savage Beauty” collection was a hauntingly beautiful display of gothic design. The set featured a rotating carousel of skull-shaped mirrors, creating a dark and mysterious ambiance. While this may not be everyone’s cup of tea, it highlights the power of creating a strong and cohesive theme in your decor to evoke a specific atmosphere or mood.
9. Prada’s Industrial Warehouse
Prada’s runway set transformed the space into an industrial warehouse, complete with metal scaffolding, concrete floors, and exposed brick walls. This set showcased the beauty in embracing raw and unfinished elements in design. Incorporating industrial-inspired decor, such as metal accents and reclaimed wood, can add a contemporary and edgy touch to your home.
10. Balenciaga’s Mirror Room
Balenciaga’s runway set featured a room entirely covered in mirrors, creating an illusion of infinite space. This set played with reflections and perspectives, showcasing the power of mirrors in expanding and enhancing a space. Incorporating mirrors into your decor can make a room appear larger and brighter, while also adding an element of sophistication.
11. Valentino’s Romantic Garden
Valentino’s runway set transformed the space into a romantic garden, with lush flowers, hanging vines, and delicate lighting. This set exuded elegance and femininity, showcasing the beauty of nature-inspired decor. Incorporating floral patterns, soft colors, and delicate textures can create a romantic and dreamy atmosphere in your home.
12. Burberry’s Rainforest
Burberry’s runway set brought the rainforest to life, with lush greenery, tropical plants, and even a cascading waterfall. This set served as a reminder of the tranquility and serenity that nature brings. Incorporating elements of the rainforest into your decor, such as tropical prints and natural materials like rattan and bamboo, can create a calming and tropical oasis in your home.
13. Givenchy’s Dark Forest
Givenchy’s runway set transformed the space into a dark and mystical forest, with towering trees, mist, and a foggy atmosphere. This set created a sense of mystery and intrigue, showcasing the power of creating a dramatic and moody ambiance in your decor. Incorporating dark colors, rich textures, and atmospheric lighting can add a touch of allure to your home.
14. Stella McCartney’s Sustainable Oasis
Stella McCartney’s runway set showcased her commitment to sustainability by creating an eco-friendly oasis. The set featured recycled materials, lush greenery, and natural elements, highlighting the importance of environmentally conscious design. Incorporating sustainable materials and practices in your decor can not only create a beautiful space but also contribute to a greener future.
15. Fendi’s Neon Lights
Fendi’s runway set featured neon lights that illuminated the space, creating a vibrant and energetic atmosphere. The bold and eye-catching design of the neon lights showcased the power of incorporating unique lighting elements into your decor. Lighting can greatly impact the ambiance of a room, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of lighting fixtures and styles.
16. Tommy Hilfiger’s Nautical Paradise
Tommy Hilfiger’s runway set transformed the space into a nautical paradise, with a sandy beach, palm trees, and even a pool. This set evoked a sense of relaxation and vacation, showcasing the beauty of coastal-inspired decor. Incorporating elements of the sea, such as blue tones, striped patterns, and seashell accents, can create a coastal oasis in your home.
17. Balmain’s Golden Palace
Balmain’s runway set featured a golden palace with ornate chandeliers, gilded walls, and intricate details. This set exuded opulence and luxury, showcasing the beauty of decadent design. Incorporating elements of gold, velvet, and luxurious textures can add a touch of glamour and sophistication to your home.
18. Ralph Lauren’s Ranch
Ralph Lauren’s runway set transformed the space into a rustic ranch, complete with wooden beams, vintage furniture, and Western-inspired decor. This set exuded a sense of warmth and nostalgia, showcasing the beauty of rustic design. Incorporating elements of the Wild West, such as leather accents and natural materials, can create a cozy and inviting atmosphere in your home.
19. Moschino’s Paper Dolls
Moschino’s runway set featured oversized paper dolls that created a playful and whimsical atmosphere. The larger-than-life design of the paper dolls showcased the power of scale in design. Incorporating oversized elements, whether it’s furniture or decor pieces, can add a touch of drama and interest to your home.
20. Oscar de la Renta’s Royal Garden
Oscar de la Renta’s runway set transformed the space into a royal garden, with lush flowers, grand arches, and a regal ambiance. This set exuded elegance and grandeur, showcasing the beauty of classic and traditional design. Incorporating elements of royalty, such as ornate details and luxurious fabrics, can create a sophisticated and timeless atmosphere in your home.
Runway sets from fashion weeks are not only a showcase of stunning fashion designs but also a source of inspiration for interior design and decor. From Chanel’s airport terminal to Dior’s garden of delights, these sets demonstrate the power of creativity and attention to detail in creating a captivating space. Whether you’re looking to add a touch of whimsy with Marc Jacobs’ pink house or embrace the elegance of Versace’s Greek ruins, these runway sets offer a wealth of decor inspiration.